The best source of free online support for carers living in East Lancashire.
Launched on 1st April 2013, this website is designed to be a one stop resource for all carers in East Lancashire.
The site is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you find useful and beneficial information. The range of services that we provide is extensive, and this website will guide you through the support available.
Who are carers?
A carer is someone who provides unpaid, often intensive support to family or friends who could not manage without that support. This could be caring for a relative, partner, friend or neighbour who is ill, frail, disabled, or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
Some carers can care for more than one person, some carers have a disability or illness themselves and some have a paid job alongside their caring role. If you are a carer, and whatever your circumstances, you are just as important as the person you care for and help and support is available for you!
- To provide information to all East Lancashire carers
- To support carers to know their rights and access other services relevant to their situation
- To support carers to engage in activities which give them a break from their caring role
- To influence change within local, county and national level services - with direction from carers
- According to the 2011 census, there are over 42,000 carers in East Lancashire
- It is estimated that there are around 6.5 million carers in the UK, around 1 in every 8 people
- Three out of every five people in the UK will become a carer at some point in the lifetime
- It is estimated that carers save the UK economy £119 billion every year - this is greater than the cost of the NHS and defence budgets combined!!